[vlc-devel] How to use vlc api to transcode a rtp stream

fabdaoli at tin.it fabdaoli at tin.it
Fri Feb 20 17:56:11 CET 2004

We are an italian working group of three computer engineering students;
we're trying to add content adaptation capability to a rtsp streaming proxy,
and we'd like to exploit vlc for on the fly trancoding.
Is it possible to use it as a library (libvlc.h seems not to give us control
deeply enough)? Can we build it in our proxy, communicating without sockets
but only through buffers? We'd like to obtain something like the schema
enclosed with this mail...

Thanks for your time and your attention,
and sorry for our awful english :-)