[vlc-devel] Re: cddb lookup in utf-8 locale (cddax module)

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Mon Feb 23 01:18:36 CET 2004

I'm not sure I can reproduce your results. Has anyone else noticed a
problem with the character encoding as it appears in the play list and
media info in the libcdio CDDA (cddax) plugin? Do others have problems
seeing accented characters in the playlist output. (I'm not cultured
enough to own any CD's with accented characters in them.)

I hacked in the track offsets and disc length from Arwed's CDDB query
into a hacked CDDA plugin; I got basically the same thing as I got
with cddb_query. When LC_ALL was undefined (the default for me) I saw
umlauts over characters. When I tried LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 some
characters were messed up -- perhaps my version of en_US.UTF-8
mismatches what vlc uses. However the bulk of the text was
there. There were no errors or percent signs in the lists as you got.

Arwed von Merkatz writes:
 > cddb_query does call that function, the command i used was
 > cddb_query read misc 0x3011e113 -l debug

This is the vlc-devel mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://developers.videolan.org/lists.html
If you are in trouble, please contact <postmaster at videolan.org>

More information about the vlc-devel mailing list