[vlc-devel] OSX trouble and i'm taking a break from VLC
hartman at videolan.org
Thu Feb 26 00:41:59 CET 2004
As many of you know, i have been real busy as of late.
For VLC this means I haven't been able to do as much on it as I had
wanted and planned (did i even do anything lately [on OSX]?).
This is causing several OSX issues to be a serious problem atm.
- mp3 decoding via libmad is taking 2x as much CPU as it should.
no solution present, libmad decoding is disabled for now, ffmpeg is
being put to work for this.
- os x command line behaves weird as soon as : is used for options.
- audio output is frelled. look at how portaudio does things. possibly
drop 5:1 output, since no one seems to know how to do it correctly
- preferences are horrific. a total disaster. the int options with
string descriptions are broken. the hotkeys too.
- video output doesn't obey align setting. (and it's a mess altogether)
- mozilla plugin doesn't work
- stream output dialog and options are outdated same for subtitles
- playlist window should be integrated into the controller
- the playlist is missing item info.
I'm really unsatisfied with how VLC is on OSX now. And it's burning a
hole straight trough my heart. But it is how it is.
For the next 2 or 3 months, I will have no time for VLC, as i didn't
really have time for it the past 2 months.
Since I have real trouble restraining myself from doing VideoLAN
related things, i'm gonna make a clean cut. i won't code anymore, won't
visit the forums anymore and not use IRC anymore. I think it's the only
way to not do a half job on two things.
I hope bigben and titer can keep it a bit maintained, but they might be
in over their head. i'll try to help if i have the time. ( mail or an
irc ping will do the trick )
I hope to be back soon, bye all.
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (hartman at videolan dot org)
This is the vlc-devel mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://developers.videolan.org/lists.html
If you are in trouble, please contact <postmaster at videolan.org>
More information about the vlc-devel