[vlc-devel] [BUG?] ALSA with dmix

Tong Ka Man kmtong at cwbase.com
Tue Jan 20 11:39:17 CET 2004

Does anybody try to launch multiple VLCs with success?

I got some problem doing so, as I try to set my ALSA driver (by default)
to support dmix that should multiplex multiple audio channels into the
sound card.  And I got multiple "alsaplayer" playing independently.
But when I launch a single vlc (not even multiple), I got the following
error.

[00000196] alsa audio output debug: opening ALSA device `default'
[00000196] main audio output debug: thread 98311 (aout) created at
priority 0 (alsa.c:581)
[00000188] main module debug: using audio output module "alsa"
[00000196] main audio output debug: audio output is too slow (408378),
trashing
21315us
[00000196] main audio output debug: audio output is too slow (417022),
trashing
21315us

and vlc keep dumping my audio output is too slow, and I had got no sound
playing.

Any hints?