[vlc-devel] Re: Removing duplicated DVD input modules.

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Mon Jan 26 09:04:01 CET 2004

On Sunday 25 January 2004 23:28, Christophe Massiot wrote:

> Why keep dvdsimple, which is obsolete and has a lot of duplicated
> code with libdvdread, and remove dvdread which should be the way to
> go ? Having things in libraries is better IMHO.

As Sigmund already hinted, the dvdread plugin was never really finished and
tested correctly. For this reason I would be worried to keep this one
instead of dvdsimple which we know is stable because it was heavily tested.

On the other hand, I had a quick look at the dvdread plugin code and it is
true that it is a lot simpler than dvdsimple.

I guess I'll need to do some testing before removing any of the dvd plugins.

--
Gildas