[vlc-devel] Re: How to add Chinese-GUI support to VLC??

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Mon Jul 26 23:45:37 CEST 2004

the correct filename for Simplified chinese is zh_CN.po

You should use a current file from development tree as your point of
start, because otherwise it's very hard to merge all the changes back
in...

http://developers.videolan.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/trunk/po/
en_GB.po?rev=7741&root=vlc

would download a not so recent version of this. A new release is in
preperation when we will also make available a new translations
packages with updated .po file which contain all the new to be
translated and changed lines...
Also see: http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/vlc/doc/translations.txt

You need to add the language to src/libvlc.h to make it show up in the
preferences.

DJ

On 26 jul 2004, at 17:07, Qiguo Tao wrote:

> Hi, All Masters,
>     I am from China and I like VLC. Now I am wanting
> to add Chinese-GUI support to VLC. After some hard
> work(e.g., translating es_GB.po to cn.po, then
> modifying that MakeFile), but there is no Chinese
> language item in the language sets
> yet(Settings->Preferences->Interface->Language)!
>
>     What shall I do?
>
>     My working enviorment is Windows2000 Pro +
> Cygwin_1.5.10 + VLC_0.7.3_svn.
>
>      Thank you very much.
>
> Best Regards.
>
> R.A.Tao