[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r7940 (oaubert)

Olivier Aubert oaubert at lisi.univ-lyon1.fr
Wed Jun 9 11:51:25 CEST 2004

> I don't know the reason for this exactly but this change broke my build.
> Basically the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS for the corba module are now empty on my
> machine and thus the compilation of the corba module fails because it
> cannot find the glib and orbit header files.
Maybe we are not using the same tools.  I have successfully compiled the
corba plugin on my computer with this code. Could you please send me
your config.log and config.status files, so that I can have a look ?

In my tree, config.status holds the following lines:
s, at LIBMEDIACONTROL_CFLAGS@,-DORBIT2=1 -pthread -I/usr/include/orbit-2.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  ,;t t
s, at LIBMEDIACONTROL_LIBS@,-Wl,--export-dynamic -pthread -lORBit-2 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lgobject-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0  ,;t t

and the matching lines are generated in Makefile.in:
LIBMEDIACONTROL_CFLAGS = @LIBMEDIACONTROL_CFLAGS@
LIBMEDIACONTROL_LIBS = @LIBMEDIACONTROL_LIBS@

My autotools versions are:
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
automake (GNU automake) 1.7.9

and orbit2 2.10.2 (which may be in fact the cause).

Olivier