[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r7940 (oaubert)

Olivier Aubert oaubert at lisi.univ-lyon1.fr
Wed Jun 9 12:32:39 CEST 2004

> Actually the problem seems to be with modules/control/corba/Modules.am
> because even though the necessary headers for the module are not detected
> by configure (and so the module is not selected), the build system still
> tries to build it (and of course fails miserably).
Ok. I thought that simply not calling
AX_ADD_PLUGINS([corba])
would imply that the Makefile is not invoked. It seems that I need to
add some magic to the Modules.am (which is more complex than the other
present in vlc, because I need to build an additional shared library
used by CORBA).

I have just commited a quick bugfix that solves the problem but it is
not very clean. A hint from an autoconf/automake expert would be welcome
(because digging into aclocal.m4, configure.ac, etc takes some time, not
to talk about VLC's own file generation).

Olivier