[vlc-devel] DirectShow Input

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 24 04:27:11 CEST 2004

 I did more testing today, stayed with the 800 MHz machine but dropped the
frame size to 320x240.  CPU use dropped to 30%, and very few Messages were
reported by VLC, just an occaissional MPEG adjustment, which makes sense
since those occurred when I was playing with the input video, introducing
more motion.  No CapturePin warnings -- I was able to get them when I
briefly reran at 640x480, which pegged the CPU.

Definitely a memory leak in there somewhere.  VLC memory utilization grew
2.5 MB over 20 minutes -- a slow, steady, increase.  No idea if it comes
from the Dshow input, the mpeg compression, or the encapsulation and
streaming, but something has a slowly increasing buffer.

(when I ran 640x480 framegrabs yesterday, memory use leaped a full 200 MB
over only 1 or 2 minutes).

Is there some kind of compile switch or debug option I could use in the
compile, to help provide more information on where the memory leak is
occuring?  Would using -vvv do something?

Thanks.