[vlc-devel] problems to compile with cygwin

Hornsby Adrian adrian_hornsby at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 11:01:44 CET 2004

hi,
I have several problem using cygwin to compile VLC source for win32

1- why the ./configure gives me a error message saying : " cd command doesn't work" ??

2- then I also have liddvdcss and libmad troubles. As the cd command doesn't work, the configure can't get the lib correctly! what do to ?

3- when I --disable-dvd --disable-mad I get another error messgae saying :
checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h ...no
configure: error: Missing header file ffmpeg/avcodec.h

When i look in the files, the avcodec.h is there !!
so what's wrong with compiling VLC under cygwin ??? doesn't anybody have a script  that could work ??

thanks a lot

adrian