[vlc-devel] Re: RTSP/RTP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Mar 12 05:34:03 CET 2004

At 02:12 AM 3/11/04, Rui Rodrigues wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am working with the 0.7.1 vlc version and a new feature of this version
>is the RTSP module. I tried it but the only features that it supports are
>play and stop. When I start a movie streaming and I press stop and start
>again he movie starts at the beginning and not where I stopped it. Are you
>going to implement the pause feature or may be someone is already working
>on it?

[First, it's generally considered rude to post the same question to many
different mailing list.  I'm replying on the "vlc-devel" mailing list only,
as that is probably the most appropriate mailing list for this question.]

FYI, the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code - which VLC uses to implement the
playing of RTSP/RTP streams - supports the RTSP "PAUSE" operation.  (Note,
though, that you will need version 2004.03.12 or later to do an aggregate
"PAUSE" operation on the entire stream.)

So, the infrastructure is in place to support the RTSP "PAUSE"
operation.  All that's needed is for the higher-level VLC code to call
this, when the user clicks on the 'pause' button.  (I don't know if anyone
is working on this, though.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>