[vlc-devel] Re: Questions on skins

Sooyoung Sung maximus at cmu.edu
Wed Mar 17 20:59:13 CET 2004

The following is what I get in the console when I click on 'switch
interface -> skins 2' on the menu. The file open dialog pops up, then if I
open a skin file (e.g. orange.vlt), everything goes away (the console went
away too, so I couldn't capture the error message).

Can you tell me what might be wrong?

[00000212] logger interface: VLC media player - version 0.7.1 Bond - (c)
1996-20
03 VideoLAN
[00000212] logger interface:
Warning: if you can't access the GUI anymore, open a dos command box, go
to the directory where you installed VLC and run "vlc -I wxwin"

[00000212] logger interface: Using the logger interface module...
Couldn't gzopen
[00000211] skins2 interface error: Failed to open  for parsing
[00000211] skins2 interface error: Failed to parse
Couldn't gzopen C:\cygwin\home\Aditya
Ganjam\esmvlc\vlc-0.7.1\skins2\default\theme.xml
[00000211] skins2 interface error: Failed to open C:\cygwin\home\Aditya
Ganjam\esmvlc\vlc-0.7.1\skins2\default\theme.xml for parsing
[00000211] skins2 interface error: Failed to parse C:\cygwin\home\Aditya