[vlc-devel] Re: Questions on skins

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Wed Mar 17 10:28:00 CET 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 10:11, Sooyoung wrote:
> I tried running vlc with skin2 but it seems not doing anything (it
> quietly dies). Is skins2 stable enough?

I'm not using it intensively but so far I haven't had any problems with it.
So yes, I would say it is stable.

The only known problem with is a bug with the popup menu under linux (but it
is actually a wxWindows bug, not a bug in the skins interface).

If you have problems with it, it is likely because you tried to load an old
skin file or somthing similar (ah yeah, the "switch interface" menu in the
wxWindows interface doesn't work on Linux - another wxWindows bug). What
log messages do you have ?

> Also, if I later want to add additional functionalities to VLC wxwindows
> interface (let's say, chatting window instead of playlist), can I still
> use the simple skin that I mentioned before (with only "play" and "stop"
> buttons) for interface and wxwindows plugin (in modules/gui/wxwindows)
> for that new functionality?

You can do that. In fact the skins plugin uses the wxWindows interface as a
dialog box provider (open dialog box, preferences panel, etc...).

--
Gildas