[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r7129 (fenrir)

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Mar 22 00:33:18 CET 2004

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 02:31:16PM -0800, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> At 02:03 PM 3/21/04, you wrote:
> >r7129 | fenrir | 2004-03-21 23:03:42 +0100 (Sun, 21 Mar 2004) | 3 lines
> >Changed paths:
> >   M /trunk/modules/stream_out/rtp.c
> >
> > * rtp: sdp=rtsp:// urls begin to work (multicast+unicast).
> > (There is still the problem of timeout, and a lot of checks aren't done).
How about a sdp=sap? :)

> IMHO, you folks should consider using the LIVE.COM code to implement
> RTSP/RTP server support (just as you currently use it to implement RTSP/RTP
> *client* support).  That way you'll avoid reinventing lots of wheels...
Do live.com properly handle single rtps streams with several "contributing
sources" (at least I think that is the name for it).

On the mbone there are several streams called "views from blah" and "places
all over bah". When played in "vic" these show up several windows videos
(one for each location) but in vlc all codec data is fed to one decoder
instance. For example sdp of such streams look here:
http://www.uninett.no/multimedia/streamingguide/alle.html

Sigmund