[vlc-devel] Re: SDP file support?

Sooyoung maximus at cmu.edu
Thu Mar 25 07:07:48 CET 2004

Hi,

We're using VLC both for encoding AV stream on the server-side and for
playing it on the client-side. I have a couple of questions regarding
SDP files.

1. Can VLC create an SDP file when it starts streaming, so that the
client VLC can open that file and play the stream right off?

2. If VLC does not create an SDP file, then how can we manually create
one for VLC client to play it? I believe the SDP file should contain
some information specific to VLC.

Thanks!
Sooyoung