[vlc-devel] Re: [Patch] Xscreensaver plugin

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Mar 31 12:40:54 CEST 2004

I think you should consider doing this as a separate libvlc program and not
as a vlc plugin. Basically this program should do what you do in your
shellscript, then handle the window thingy, then startup libvlc with
"drawable" set to the proper window id and use the normal vlc vouts. I think
this approch should be doable, though I didn't look at the details of your
code. Use the mozilla plugin as an example.

Sigmund