[vlc-devel] Re: [ANN] VLC 0.7.2-test2

Cyril Deguet cyril.deguet at via.ecp.fr
Sun May 2 18:25:24 CEST 2004

On Sun, May 02, 2004, Anil Daoud wrote:
> Skins 2:
> - When a file is opened, the video window is not showed, you have to hit
> the 'Show video window' in order to have a black window, and then resize
> it for the pictures to appear. (winxp only)

Except for the fact that you have to resize, it's not a bug it's a feature.
Even if I did that in the sample skin, the embedded vout is NOT supposed to
be a dynamic window as normal vout windows, it is supposed to be _embedded_
in a skin. And if we don't have another default skin before the release, I
suggest to remove this vout window from the theme because it is completely
useless as it is.

> - If the controller is hidden, and you click on the playlist, only the
> playlist will rise.

It's not a bug it's a feature. The previous behaviour has been abandonned
because it was causing flickering effects (please complaint to ipkiss ;)

> Same thing if you click on VLC media player in the taskbar (winxp only).

If it is true, it _is_ a bug ;)

> - If you switch interface from Skins2 to Wxwindows, and then add the SAP
> Playlist via the 'Add interface' menu, VLC will crash. I didn't test
> under linux because the popup menu doesn't work.

Not sure it has something to do with the skins interface ;)

--
Cyril