[vlc-devel] Re: OSX ./configure warning

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Fri May 14 11:03:10 CEST 2004

On Friday 14 May 2004 10:16, Sigmund Augdal wrote:
> Look at the doxygen docs. They are incomplete, but up to date.
> And use a simle decoder as a reference.

The faad or lpcm decoders are ones of the most simple ones so I'd recommend
having a look at them (the lpcm one also includes a packetizer which is
used for the stream output layer but you can ignore it).

The decoder api has changed recently so the documentation is outdated in
that respect. Decoders don't run in their own threads anymore, they have
more like a filter design, ie. data in -> allocate buffer out -> process
data -> return buffer out.

--
Gildas