[vlc-devel] Re: set_capabilities

Matthew Romaine Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com
Thu May 20 09:40:50 CEST 2004

Hi all, thanks for your support.  things are moving along steadily.
three things:

1) when I make even minor changes to my module, I have to "make clean;
make" from the top of the tree for my changes to register.  I would
have thought, as a shared library, i would be able to recompile just
the library... am I missing something? (btw, I'm on OSX)

2) i've found a minor bug in the standard tree (demux/wav.c, for
example); what procedure do you want me to use to send updates?  a
diff/patch file?

3) see below:

On 2004/05/19, at 23:36, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:

>> 	For what it's worth, I setup the logger module to output to a file,
>> but after running and quitting once, VLC won't start up again (it
>> just keeps bouncing on my dock).
>
> you designated it as your primary interface, so the macosx interface
> isn't working anymore. You should keep the macosx intf as the primary
> interface and add the logger interface as a '--extraintf' interface.

I wonder if it would be helpful to popup a warning or perhaps not allow
any primary interfaces that would cause problems when starting up a
second time.  The "extra interface" dialog box is a text box (the
primary one being a pulldown) so it was not clear to me initially that
selecting logger as a primary interface would cause problems.  In fact,
a ./bootstrap and reconfigure didn't reset the primary interface line
in the vlcrc file....

tia,
matt