[vlc-devel] Re: compiling for qte

Cucaratxa cucaratxa at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 3 19:51:31 CET 2004

I compiled with changes in qte_main.cpp but, how can I
run vlc as GUI server? I tried to launch vlc from the
command line and:
with opie launched, the problem remains.
with out any qtserver launched, using -qws vlc says
that doesn't recognize -q.
Hope I'm not being obnoxius. Thanks
--- Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> wrote:

> I could not resist to take a quick look into the
> source code ;-)
>
> In file modules/misc/qte_main.cpp  I found this:
>
> If you are running vlc as a GUI Server then the
> screensize of the video
> output will be set to
>
> if (p_this->b_gui_server) {

p_this->p_qte_application->desktop()->setFixedSize(240,
> 320);
>     }
>
> Which is a fixed size suitable for PDA (iPAQ)
> handhelds, but not for
> your screensize. I think you want to change this.
>

> Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>
> > The files you want to look at are:
> >
> > modules/gui/opie/opie.ui                      -->
> The none existing
> > GUI for Opie/Qt Embedded
> > modules/video_output/qte/qte.{cpp,h} --> The bare
> bones (directly to
> > framebuffer) video output
> > modules/misc/qte_main.cpp                 --> The
> GUI helper module
> > needed to support both a video_output and GUI
> plugin. Qt Embedded only
> > has to be initialized ones.
> >
> > Hopefully these files will give you enough of a
> starting point to look
> > at the code. Feel free to ask questions I'll try
> to answer them.
> >
> > Qt Embedded in vlc-0.7.1 should work alright
> independent of screen
> > size. Are you trying to write to a windows instead
> of to the
> > framebuffer directly? The Qt Embedded video output
> is written for
> > direct use with the framebuffer.
> >
> > Cucaratxa wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, sorry, you are right I'm  xcompiling and I'm
> >> using  vlc 0.7.1.
> >> Besides I'm working on a project for developing
> an
> >> embedded multimedia portable device so I'm
> interested
> >> in making qte module work right though I'm not a
> good
> >> programer I'll send any changes I make for qte
> module
> >> to work in this platform wich is using an arm
> >> processor an a 800x600 display. By the way could
> you
> >> point any file a shoulf start to solve the prolem
> >> stated in my previous e-mail? Thank you.
> >> --- Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl>

> guess you are

> But

> vlc

> think
> headerfiles in the include
> build environment

> VLC
> vlc/doc/arm-crosscompile-howto.sgml

> be

> was

> lines
> libSDL

> should

=== message truncated ===

name=signature.asc

=====
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the sholder of Orion. I watched sea beams glitter in the darkness at Tan Hauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die"
Roy, Blade Runner