[vlc-devel] Re: compiling for qte

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Thu Nov 4 12:55:10 CET 2004

Cucaratxa wrote:

>I compiled with changes in qte_main.cpp but, how can I
>run vlc as GUI server? I tried to launch vlc from the
>command line and:
>with opie launched, the problem remains.
>with out any qtserver launched, using -qws vlc says
>that doesn't recognize -q.

Runing as a GUI Server for QT Embedded means running only Qt Embedded
and your application is the first to start. Compare it with starting the
X11-Server. The GUI Server switch on an application will the application
run in Qt's standalone server mode.

With commandline options: --qte-guiserver

You can look at an modules option on the commandline with: ./vlc -p qte_vout

--

Many greetings,
     Jean-Paul Saman

           VLC iPAQ maintainer (http://www.videolan.org)
          RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE: 807202745005548)