[vlc-devel] Re: VLC Transport Stream Output

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Nov 4 01:44:18 CET 2004

>Also is this something that VLS would do better than VLC, if all we really
>want to do stream a Transport Stream off of the disk at the correct rate
>and encapsulate in RTP packets?

Another possibility is to use the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" software
<http://www.live.com/liveMedia/> - in particular, the
"testMPEG2TransportStreamer" test program (multicast), and the
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" test program (unicast).  These will stream MPEG
Transport Stream files in RTP, for viewing by VLC (and other
standards-compliant media players).

(Note that VLC uses the LIVE.COM code for RTSP/RTP *client* support, but
not yet for RTSP/RTP *server* support.)

         Ross.