[vlc-devel] Re: todo additions

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Thu Nov 11 13:14:39 CET 2004

On 11 nov 2004, at 11:17, Dennis van Amerongen wrote:
> I've run into some things (bugs, todo's, wishlist) that I think
> would greatly enhance the VLC media player when implemented/fixed.
> Some issues are already in progress but just in case some of them
> would go unnoticed I thought I'd sum them up anyway so it could
> perhaps make it into an official TODO list...
>
> - Gray out "reset to defaults" for audio equalizer when disabled
> - Once audio equalizer is disabled, it doesn't enable the first
>   try when you select from main menu. It only works a 2nd change
>   (enable flag not properly set?).
> - Ability to use cropping options for live feeds

What do you mean exactly? On the fly client selection of crop filters
and settings?
This requires conversion of the crop filter to a picture filter first i
think..
AND possibly OTF en-/disabling of these filters?

> - Wxwidgets improvement: Bigger slider in main menu. Accurate sliding
>   (not 5% interval) which also calculates/shows time as you slide.
> - Up/down arrows (i.e. preferences, input, server port) work reversed
>   under wxwindows.

wxwindows bug.

> - Implement extvlcopt also for .sdp files

i'll look at this at some time...

> - Embedded player (ActiveX) support in IE

Mmm, where are those windows developers we so desperatly seek? :)

> - Improve WMV3 multibitrate detection: It seems to only select the
>   lowest combination of streams (the first stream [0x1] doesn't
>   appear in the header?)
> - Improve WMV3 rtsp support for livestreaming from Windows Media
>   servers. Windows SDP says npt=5.0000-5.0000 which causes a
>   5 sec. loop

This is an issue that requires heavy 'hacking' i'm afraid. Basically
the SDP is just completly invalid, i'm not sure if this can be
circumvented anytime soon.

> - Audio starvation/sampling optimization for live streaming
> - Automatic deinterlacing for interlaced MPEG2 material
> - More info detection (bitrate etc.) for livestreaming
---
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)
http://home.student.utwente.nl/d.hartman