[vlc-devel] Re: unofficial vlc 0.8.0 rpms for FC2, RH9 and RHEL3

Alvin Chin achin at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Nov 12 03:57:54 CET 2004

Thanks Torsten, I am trying to install VLC0.8.0 for Red Hat 9 and run
into a whole lot of dependency issues so I am trying your method right
now.  It looks like that apt-get for VideoLAN client only has the 0.6.0
package and not the updated one.  So instead of apt-get I am using yum.
However, it seems to be taking a huge amount of time, it seems to be
getting all the packages, even more than the dependencies listed in
VideoLAN.  Is this correct, I did type "yum install vlc".

Thanks,

Alvin