[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r9311 (zorglub)

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Sun Nov 14 14:34:18 CET 2004

> This should probably be added for pls as well, since I was strictly
> following access_directory when porting it to the new api.
Indeed. The goal is to "fast-parse" these things as soon as they are
added.

> > * libvlc : add -S as shortcut for services-discovery
> Whouldn't it be better to have a enable/disable switch for each module, and
> automatically start all enabled modules (sortof like plugins in gaim and
> gkrellm)?

Well, this is interface stuff, IMHO.

I plan to add a add_module_list thing, for stuff like extraintf, filter,
audio-filter and services-discovery.

Then, the interface widget could fetch all modules matching the required
capability and present it as a list of checkboxes.

--
Zorglub
Clément Stenac