[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r9311 (zorglub)

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Sun Nov 14 21:07:01 CET 2004

> > > * libvlc : add -S as shortcut for services-discovery
> > Whouldn't it be better to have a enable/disable switch for each module, and
> > automatically start all enabled modules (sortof like plugins in gaim and
> > gkrellm)?
>
> Well, this is interface stuff, IMHO.
>
> I plan to add a add_module_list thing, for stuff like extraintf, filter,
> audio-filter and services-discovery.
>
> Then, the interface widget could fetch all modules matching the required
> capability and present it as a list of checkboxes.

Sounds functionally equivalent, and perhaps structurally better. Only thing
that my approch can do that this approch cannot is that in my approch it is
up to the module to descide whether it should be default enable or not. This
is a good thing since some things are generally good (like hal right now)
while other things can have some side-draws like eating ut network bandwidth
or serious reasources like sap now.

Sigmund