[vlc-devel] Unofficial vlc 0.8.1 rpms for FC2, RH9 and RHEL3

Torsten Spindler spindler at hbt.arch.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 16 14:49:12 CET 2004

Based on my unofficial 0.8.0 rpms I updated these to 0.8.1. I added
gnutls support, but I haven't tested it (yet). Again I placed the rpms
within yum repositories:

Red Hat 9:
http://holz.ethz.ch/yum/redhat/caad.hbt.arch.ethz.ch/9/i386/
http://holz.ethz.ch/yum/redhat/caad.hbt.arch.ethz.ch/9/SRPMS/

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3:
http://holz.ethz.ch/yum/rhel/caad.hbt.arch.ethz.ch/3/i386/
http://holz.ethz.ch/yum/rhel/caad.hbt.arch.ethz.ch/3/SRPMS/

Fedora Core 2:
http://holz.ethz.ch/yum/fedora/core/caad.hbt.arch.ethz.ch/2/i386/
http://holz.ethz.ch/yum/fedora/core/caad.hbt.arch.ethz.ch/2/SRPMS/

Based on the experiences of Alvin Chin I added some packages to make
installation hopefully somewhat more smoothly. These include fribidi,
speex, vcdimager, libvcd, libcddb, libcdio, libgcrypt and gnutls. For
some rpms I used pretty raw source rpms from Dag Wieers site and built
them on RH9 and RHEL3.

Bye,
Torsten