[vlc-devel] Re: Unofficial vlc 0.8.1 rpms for FC2, RH9 and RHEL3

Alvin Yung Chian Chin achin at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Nov 16 23:26:46 CET 2004

I am getting a little better at this install, but run into the following
problem when I run "yum install vlc":

Server: Red Hat Linux 9 -i386 - CAAD Extra RPMS
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - freshrpms
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - os
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
 ..package opencdk needs libgcrypt.so.1 (not provided)

I've installed libgcrypt (libgcrypt-1.1.12-1.0.rh9.dag) and
libgcrypt-devel (libgcrypt-devel-1.1.12-1.0.rh9.dag) but I still get the
above problem.  Anybody know why??