[vlc-devel] Re: vlc on Zaurus

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Tue Nov 23 08:36:17 CET 2004

Kenneth,

I believe it is a version conflict of ipkg. Could you try ipkg --version
to get its version number?

Kenneth Ng wrote:

>Hello, I hear you guys are looking for testers for vlc on Zaurus.  I
>have a 6000SL and am open to testing, maybe even coding once I get the
>hang of it again.  One thing I do notice, the librt_2.1.3_arm.ipk file
>is invalid as far as the Zaurus is concerned.  It says its not in gzip
>format.  I just tried doing a "gzip" of the fille and ran "ipkg
>install" again, it says the package name contains illegal characters.
>I did do it as "ipkg install librt*.gz" because I can't handle typing
>on that itty bitty keyboard yet.

librt is packaged with a new ipkg version tool then the other ipkg for
Zaurus. Instead of simply tar and gzipping the files, it also does an ar
of the files first.

--

Many greetings,
     Jean-Paul Saman

           VLC iPAQ maintainer (http://www.videolan.org)
          RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE: 807202745005548)