[vlc-devel] Re: new audio_ouput plugin : portaudio

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Thu Oct 7 10:58:24 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 01:00, Frédéric RUGET wrote:

> >  TODO
> > 1. improve the audio/video synchronization.
> > 2. proper channels ordering.
>
> Can you be more explicit ; what does it mean ??

Audio data manipulated internally by VLC is interleaved using the WG-4
channel order. It's likely that portaudio uses a different channel ordering
so you might end-up with audio channels assigned to the wrong speakers.
Correct channel ordering isn't difficult to do, have a look at the latest
version of the waveout plugin to see how it's done.

> > 3. avoid using malloc/free in the callback.
>
> Can't see this one... where do I use malloc/free in the callback ?

aout_BufferFree( p_buffer ) can call free() so this might be a problem.

--
Gildas