[vlc-devel] Re: video stream resolution information

Johann Ransay jransay at synelec.fr
Fri Oct 8 14:39:40 CEST 2004

Johann Ransay wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a way to obtain a video stream resolution from vlc.
> when typing in the "info" command through the rc interface I get
> Codec information
> Language information
> Type information
> Is this provided by EsOutAddInfo function in src/input/es_out.c ?
> because there exists some code to provide as well with resolution
> information
> but I do not obtain it through the "info" command.
> May be the resolution information is not known at the time EsOutAddInfo
> function is called but could it be possible/reasonable to fill in the
> information at a later time then ?
>
> Johann
>
> --

I am responding to myself with this patch proposal:
As mentioned above, the video stream resolution is not always known when
EsOutAddInfo function (from src/input/es_out.c) is called. Hence the
information is not provided when we issue a query on stream information.
I propose to add a parameter to the es_out_id_t struct to register the
status of the video stream resolution information.
Then, the information is updated in EsOutSend function when it is
available.

Regards,
Johann