[vlc-devel] Re: Multicast udp streaming from playlist - problems

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Thu Oct 14 11:33:43 CEST 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:56:07 +0200, Derk-Jan Hartman
<hartman at videolan.org> wrote:

> this is easy I think. You are not using the latest Subversion version ar
> you?

At the time, I wasn't.

As there are some problems still with the combination of 0.8.0-test2 and my
setup and content, I wanted to see what the behaviour would have been with
0.7.2

>  From livedotcom.cpp:
> int fd = sub->rtpSource()->RTPgs()->socketNum();
>
> The VLC plugin always expects there to be a rtpSource()
> In the kasenna situation however, there is only a readSource and not
> it's child (a rtpSource) available.
> This is fixed with a if( sub->rtpSource() ) in the current development
> version.

So, I downloaded the 0.7.2 source and backported this guard fix.

Log at:
http://www.bqbsoftware.ie/vod_1410_0.7.2.log

There seems to be very similar behaviour with 0.7.2 and 0.8.0-test2.

I do have another problem which I hope is not interfering with
the tests. I would fix it if I could!

Audio has always worked perfectly for the last couple of months.

Over the last week we have been changing X drivers, kernels, drm
etc. attempting to get VIA h/w mpeg decoding working. Now when
playing from any media player (vlc, mplayer) the audio is
unrecognisable. It stutters continuously. What I don't understand
is that cat'ing a .au file to /dev/audio works fine, and playing
an mp3 using xmms-mp3 works fine.

Thanks for all the help. It is much appreciated.

Dermot.