[vlc-devel] Pausing a live stream

Hussain conundrums at myway.com
Sun Sep 5 18:49:26 CEST 2004

Hello. I am trying to implement the pause feature in VLC, while it's streaming from a RTSP server such as Darwin. I would be grateful if someone could inform me as to what problems, and outstanding issues were faced in implementing this. Thanks to Dermot and Derk-Jan Hartman I knew which parts of the code to focus on. However from looking at the code, it seemed to be a simple matter of capturing the pause signal from the GUI, and then giving the pause request, through the pauseMediaSession class of live.com.

True I have not been able to figure out how to capture the pause signal, but I feel thats more due to my lack of knowledge of the code. So I am just curious, as to why it was never implemented.

Thanks a lot.

Hussain