[vlc-devel] vlc on Zaurus 5600 - report

Paul Cosway pcosway at ressen.net
Tue Sep 7 19:04:50 CEST 2004

I'm writing in response to the request on the Zaurus download page to
report back if VLC works on my Zaurus.  Answer:  sort of

Machine:  Zaurus 5600 with stock Sharp ROM

Setup:  all ipkg's installed OK except librt.  I had to take that apart
and rebuild it.  Even that didn't quite work, so I just copied the
libraries to /usr/lib directly

Run:  Works on a few mp3 streams I've tested.    Does not work on any of
the WMA streams I've tested.  There are two types of failures on WMA

Error Type 1 -- stream setup seems to go OK, then "main audio output
warning:  PTS is out of range (3794757), dropping buffer"  No sound
comes out, although streaming does continue.   This is the errror that I
get with WMA v2 codec streams  (example:  http://www.rthk.org.hk/live3.asx)

Error Type 2 -- stream does not start up.  Example:
http://web.servicebureau.net/conf/meta?i=1112444359&c=1234&m=was&u=/w.xsl
The sequence at the point of an error is:
access_mms input debug: Media file name/path accepted
access_mms input debug: answer 0x6 flags:0x01000000 media_length:13122s
packet_length:991 packet_count:0 max_bit_rate:12359 header_size:2409
access_mms input warning:  failed to recieve command (abording)
access_mms input error:  unknown answer (0x6 instead of 0x11)
access_mms input debug: connection closed

I'm not in a position to volunteer to be a package maintainer, but I'd
be happy to run more tests and otherwise help out to get this working.

--
Paul Cosway