[vlc-devel] Re: capturing pause, forward and rewind signals

Hussain conundrums at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 14:33:44 CEST 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:29:34 +0200, Laurent Aimar <fenrir at via.ecp.fr> wrote:

>> Pause is already send to livedotcom.cpp( in Control, look for
>> DEMUX_SET_PAUSE_STATE), and I tried to add support for it, but it
>> doesn't work well. The main problem is that in the next play (to
>> unpause) you have to send the current position, and it isn't computed.
> >(I haven't checked if live.com provides it or not).

>You have to send the current position. I don't think this is available
>in live.com

>If this isn't currently stored within vlc, storing it will be a
>pre-requisite to getting the resume part of pause and resume working.
>I can have a look at this.

Hello.
Laurent, by current time did you mean the current normal play time (npt).

Also I tried obtaining the current play time, using the code below. I
just copied that part of the code from DEMUX_SET_POSITION, into the
DEMUX_SET_PAUSE_STATE.
However it did not seem to be able to get the current value for time.
I thought the code below was getting the current time from the stream.
f = (double)va_arg( args, double );
time = f * (double)p_sys->i_length / 1000000.0;   /* in second */

Also which method is actually calling the control method in livedotcomm.cpp

Thanks, I really appreciate all this help you guys are giving me.

Hussain