[vlc-devel] Re: Proposals and questions

list at scttransport.dk list at scttransport.dk
Mon Apr 4 23:03:08 CEST 2005

I will comment on the stuff I know a little about and have used, and that
was mianly the vlm suggestions.

> Commands are "vlm" (VLMCallback), "play" (PlaybackCallback), "stop"
> (PlaybackCallback) and "exit" (ExitCallback).
>
> The goal is that you can use "vlm setup foo bar" or "vlm" to "enter vlm
> mode" and then "setup foo bar". To get out of vlm mode, you have to
> type
> exit (IOS-like syntax).

I agree with DJ that this is overcomplicating it, I think the current vlm
telnet commands are very nice, auto competition and some small standard
command line gadgets would be nice but to be honest it doesn't bother me
much. History and auto completion are the only 2 missing features that come
to mind.

On a side note I find the IOS cmdline horrible and extremely crappy to work,
that's just my opinion.

Jonas Larsen