[vlc-devel] Re: how to retrieve the URI of the file (or stream) currently played by vlc

Eric Lederrey eric.lederrey at tiscali.ch
Fri Apr 22 11:33:56 CEST 2005

Hello Sigmund,
Thank you for the help. That saved to me time.

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 11:18 +0200, Sigmund Augdal wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:02:13AM +0200, Eric Lederrey wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm working on the PTZ patch. The patch works i can control the axis
> > camera. But there is a problem the hostname of the camera is set on the
> > code. I try find an elegant solution for this. PTZ is Pan/Titl/Zoom a
> > way to control axis camera.
> >
> > First you connect vlc to the mjpg stream of the camera and then you add
> > the PTZ interface to control it. I want the ptz module connect directly
> > on the host which vlc is connected for this I need to retrieve the URI
> > of the stream.
>
> In current svn this is available in p_playlist->status.p_item->input.psz_uri
> I'm not sure if this is the best way to get it though. Also note that p_item
> may not allways be available, so you should lock the playlist before looking
> there.
>
> It should also be possible to get notification when current item changes, by
> using the appropriate variables.
Of which variables are you speaking, I started working on the code in
the beginning of the week on the so I don't know yet the whole structure
of vlc.

Can I add a menu for a module ? I mean right-click on the screen will
show a menu to do specific actions.

> Sigmund
>
> > --
>
> --
> Sigmund Augdal
> Edgar B. Schieldropsv 29-14
> N-7033 Trondheim
> Norway
> tlf: 91809129

Sorry for the late and this bad english.
Eric Lederrey