[vlc-devel] Re: how to retrieve the URI of the file (or stream) currently played by vlc

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Apr 20 11:18:39 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:02:13AM +0200, Eric Lederrey wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm working on the PTZ patch. The patch works i can control the axis
> camera. But there is a problem the hostname of the camera is set on the
> code. I try find an elegant solution for this. PTZ is Pan/Titl/Zoom a
> way to control axis camera.
>
> First you connect vlc to the mjpg stream of the camera and then you add
> the PTZ interface to control it. I want the ptz module connect directly
> on the host which vlc is connected for this I need to retrieve the URI
> of the stream.

In current svn this is available in p_playlist->status.p_item->input.psz_uri
I'm not sure if this is the best way to get it though. Also note that p_item
may not allways be available, so you should lock the playlist before looking
there.

It should also be possible to get notification when current item changes, by
using the appropriate variables.

Sigmund

> --

Sigmund Augdal