[vlc-devel] MPEG2-TS closed caption support...

Brian Raymond braymond at echostorm.net
Sat Aug 13 22:57:08 CEST 2005

I'm currently using VLC for handling the audio/video in MPEG-TS
streams, I also want to get at some CC data encoded in them. I
noticed ticket #77 (https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/77) in trac,
which discusses support. This looks like it's geared towards input
from video devices however based on what looking I've done in VLC's
code the demux modules would pull it out and some other code would
handling processing it.

In my case I want to dump the CC to a pipe so that some other app can
pick it up as an input stream.

I want to tackle adding this support so I wanted to check to see if
anyone has done any work with CC support? I'd also appreciate any
pointers anyone could share.

- Brian