[vlc-devel] how to make VLC VOD server stream content over UDP and not RTP

MRUKANT POPAT mrukant at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 18:33:24 CET 2005

Dear Friends,

I have started VLC VOD server thru this command.
"vlc --ttl 12 -vvv --color -I telnet --telnet-password videolan
--rtsp-host 0.0.0.0:554"

I telnet to it and give below commands:-

1) new test vod
2)setup test input content.mpg mux mp2t enabled

When rtsp player makes rtsp request the VOD server send MP2TS over RTP packets.

I want the server to send packets over UDP.
how to configure the VLC VOD server to make it send MP2TS packets over
UDP and _not_ RTP.

regards,
MRUKANT