[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r13518 (courmisch)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Mon Dec 5 18:19:30 CET 2005

Le Lundi 5 Décembre 2005 12:19, Jonas A. Larsen a écrit :
> I assume you all are aware of the fact that thje record module is
> badly broken? As in I haven't managed to use it successfully with any
> format (tried xvid/avi and mp3)

By design, the record plugin will only ever work for file formats that
can be synched in the middle of nowhere. That mostly means MPEG-TS.

It cannot be made otherwise as an access filter. For a more general
purpose solution, you have to remultiplex the data stream, which means
spawning a muxer and an access output, in addition to the usual
decoder/output chain and is far beyond the idea of the record
_access_filter_.

There should be no such issue with the timeshift module, unless a
particular demux plugin is badly broken.

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/