[vlc-devel] Re: Plugin exiting caused by live555.com

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 14 22:38:04 CET 2005

 From what I can tell, the real problem here is that the VLC plugin
got a 'signal' (either from the browser, or elsewhere in the OS -
it's not clear).  It just so happened that the plugin was sitting
blocked in "select()" (in the event loop used by the "LIVE555
Streaming Media" libraries) when this happened.  So, I don;t think
these libraries are at fault, or need to be changed.

I think the resolution to this problem is to (i) find out what signal
is being sent, and from where and why, and (ii) if appropriate, block
the signal in the general VLC plugin code.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>