[vlc-devel] Re: Plugin exiting caused by live555.com

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 14 23:25:08 CET 2005

>When processing a failed select() result under UNIX, it is usually a
>good practice to process the EAGAIN & EINTR errnos as part of a try
>again mechanism, i.e recover and go back to the select(), rather
>than just fail.

Yes, you're probably right - and I'll update the "LIVE555 Streaming
Media" libraries to be more robust when calling "select()".

However, this will not stop the signal from potentially being caught
somewhere else in the VLC plugin, so I think it would still be a good
idea to find out exactly why/where it's being generated, and mask it
if appropriate.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>