[vlc-devel] Re: Type Of Service

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Fri Dec 16 19:54:09 CET 2005

Le Vendredi 16 Décembre 2005 18:40, Michael Ditum a écrit :
> Whilst I agree that it would be a good idea for the plugin to set the
> TOS, it would also be very useful to be able to set it on the command
> line. Could we not have the command line option for now and then the
> ability of the plugin to set could be added later.

Given how trivial the change would be, I'd rather go straight for the
plugin option. If one needed non-standard TOS, (s)he could then use
packet mangling instead.

We only have to think which TOS are sensible for which plugin. IMHO,
that would be Low delay for streaming outputs and netsync, and Max
Reliability for service announces.

> > Also, it should be noted that module/network/misc/ipv4.c is not the
> > only place creating UDP sockets.
>
> What other places are there?

At least src/network/udp.c .

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/