[vlc-devel] Re: Unicast Streaming using VLC Player : How to specify local IP/Port

newbie here newbie.here at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 03:26:45 CET 2005

Many thanks for your help. So I can use this command to route the
stream to the network interface that I prefer to use. But I am still
struggling with the installation of VLC media player. I am using
Redhat 9.0 I downloaded the vlc_binary from:

http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/videolan/vlc/0.8.1/rpm/fedora/fc3/

for redhat and I tried running the rpm command with --nodeps option,
as mentioned in the link :
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-redhat.html

but i got the following messages:

warning: a52dec-0.7.4-7.1.fc3.fr.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY,
key ID e42d547b
warning: package libmodplug = 1:0.7-2vlc was already added, replacing
with libmodplug <= 1:0.7-3vlc
warning: package libpostproc = 1.0-0.11.pre5.1.fc2.fr was already
added, replacing with libpostproc <= 1.0-0.12.20041025.1.fc3.fr
warning: package vcdimager = 0.7.20-1.1.vlc was already added,
replacing with vcdimager <= 0.7.20-3
        package libcdio-0.71-0 is already installed
        file /usr/lib/libvcdinfo.so.0.0.1 conflicts between attempted
installs of vcdimager-libvcd-0.7.20-1.1.vlc and libvcd-0.7.20-3

What could i be doing wrong?

Thanks ,
Krupa