[vlc-devel] Error running vlc in Familiar IPAQ.

Vaughn Adano vaughn.adano at eppi.epson.com.ph
Tue Feb 8 13:09:59 CET 2005

I just installed vlc-opie for my familiar IPAQ.
My IPAQ is 5550 series and Familiar version is 0.8
I installed vlc and libSDL binaries downloaded from your vlc site
		 http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-familiar.html

		After installing a number of dependencies for libSDL.
		I was able to install opie-vlc.
		But when I run it. Here is the error.
		symbol lookup error
:/opt/QtPalmtop/lib/ibSDL-1.2.so.o:undefined symbols
		cmd__12QPaintDeviceiP8QPainterP13QPDevCmdParam

		Apparently there is a version mismatch between SDL and
vlc-opie ? Is this vlc-opie version for IPAQ deprecated.
		It says it is 0.60 for Opie. Where can I obtain the latest
binaries ?

		If I have no choice then I have to cross compile from source
which will take some time.