[vlc-devel] [vlc-devel]vlc Makefile questions.

khoudri al alkhoudri at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 18:53:32 CET 2005

Hello,

I've read the 'make' documentation but I am still new
to the 'makefile' phylosophy.
And I've tried to change the vlc makefile but the
result wasn't that brilliant, and it seems I can't do
without help :

1-
I made changes to a file (interface.c) and I would
like 'make' compile it immediately and launch the
linking operation without inspecting all
subdirectories for changes.
How can I do that ?

2-
In the vlc/Makefile, I can't find how 'all-recursive'
target is made. Where is it defined ?

3-
I saw that there are the '.c.o' and '.c.obj' rules,
and also rules to build each '.o' and '.obj' files in
the project. Isn't there a redundancy ?

Thank you in advance