[vlc-devel] Re: vlc client SIP

Julien Leproust julien at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jan 6 01:09:50 CET 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005, johnny Laura wrote :
> well I'm not used a softphone...I want use the VLC like this...well
> like the VLC has the "live" code I thinked that maybe changing
> anything I can use it....well.do you know any softphone like VLC?...it
> is to say that I can to use like a videoconferencia..of course open
> source..thanks

Ok, I understand. I did not know that livedotcom lib had a SIP client
built-in. See:

http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc-devel/2004-12/msg00257.html

MPlayer uses it to play receive-only sip rtp streams. AFAIK, vlc uses it
only to play rtp/rtsp streams. As Ross Finlayson says, it could be easy
to do it. Stay in touch in case someone codes a similar feature in vlc.

Regards,

--
Julien