[vlc-devel] Re: AAC/HE-AAC/aacPlus Audio Streams - Icecast2

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Thu Jan 6 12:16:43 CET 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:05:58 +0100, Gildas Bazin <gbazin at altern.org> wrote:

> The problem here is that VLC's clock synchronisation algorithm is enabled
> for Icecast2 streams (while it is disabled for SHOUTcast). The clock
> synchro algo is based on the rate of the incoming data which won't work
> correctly in the case of Burst-on-Connect streams.
>
> This part of the code in VLC needs to be rewritten so this will
> hopefully be fixed properly when the rewrite is done.

Will this also help with streams such as
ftp.videolan.org/incoming/radio_mplayer.dump which at the moment plays
using mplayer but not with vlc.

I was hoping somebody might have a look at it. I don't have a good MPEG
analyser. Are there linux tools available for analysing MPEG-2 transport
streams?

I'm also trying to compile out the dependencies for libiconv and
libmodplug.
./configure --without-libiconv-prefix still links in libiconv.

libmodplug I'm not sure how to configure out.

Dermot.