[vlc-devel] Re: Adjusting VCD subtitle offsets

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Sat Jan 8 18:15:47 CET 2005

On Friday 07 January 2005 13:51, R. Bernstein wrote:
> I mentioned a while back that the aspect ratio on subtitles is
> probably wrong when it gets blended. Another thing that got dropped in
> the revision for the new subtitle rendering was the ability to specify
> repositioning of the subtitle (which for example could compensate for
> some of the problems just caused.)
>
> Probably over the weekend I'll add this back in - it's trivial to
> do. The question I have though is whether to use variables that are
> specific to the VCD plugins or each VCD plugin or use some more global
> subtitle offset variable. Comments are solicited. (And no comment means
> I'll probalby just pick one.)

I would prefer a global option (which is why the code was dropped during the
port). There is actually already an option that does part of that
(--spumargin) so it might be worth basing your code on that.

As for the aspect-ratio this should be relatively easy to fix since the
subpicture core supports rescaling, I'll have a look at it.

--
Gildas